Insuretax was designed to use most of the windows functions, however as in any other software program there has been some customization. This chapter will briefly describe how to use the basic navigation functions. Should you encounter any major problems while navigating through this program please contact the vendor.
Opening Multiple Forms:
- Return to the forms list by clicking on the window drop down menu.
- Select forms for XXXXX, this will return you to the forms list.
- Select the form you wish to open from any tab.
- You can only have ONE Company open at a time.
To open multiple forms,
Click on Tools from the tool bar select calculator. For faster access hit F3 to activate calculator.
Use the mouse to scroll up and down on any form. Many schedules are scrollable lists within a page; ensure that you are clicking on the appropriate scroll bar. At times, the task bar may get in the way, simply click on it and drag it to the bottom of the screen or to the top left hand corner.
These are red fields. The user may be allowed to override most of these fields . To override red fields double click on the field then enter the override amount or F4. There must be a red line on the right side of the field to indicate the fields has been overridden if there is not a red line then the field will revert back to the Insuretax calculated value when the form is calculated
Fields with blue text can not be overridden. These are formula fields that can not be changed.
It is recommended that you use the tab key or click into the next field to be completed, to move from one field to another. Hitting enter after entering data in a field causes the cursor to skip fields.
In a field allows you to use the cut, copy, paste, delete and undo functions.
- Negative numbers - to enter a negative number, precede your numbers with a minus sign
- To be fully compliant with CRA requirements Insuretax has plus(+) and minus (-) security on all fields of the Federal Harmonized and Capital tax tabs as defined by CRA. If you attempt to enter a noncompliant negative amount on a field , you will get an error message stating " You may not enter negative values for this field", click OK and renter a compliant amount. If Insuretax detects any such amount you will see this warning when opening the schedule if it is a worksheet, or when you tab on the number in a schedule. If the amount is a linked amount it will be overridden to 0, you must drill down to change the source amount, then remove the override.
Dollars and cents
In most cells, the program displays amounts in dollars only. Any cents you enter will be ignored. The program does, however, round cents in calculation to the nearest dollar. Do not enter $ or other symbols in the numeric cells.
Worksheets; (Investment type schedules)
- Enter data in cells with black text then tab to next column
- Tabbing to the end (right) of the worksheet will provide another blank row.
- Worksheet entries will be calculated automatically once you tab to end of row.
- To delete a row hit CTRL + DEL. Dialog box will appear "Do you want to delete record Yes or No"
To change a field that is referenced to the OSFI statement or another schedule with another amount. A red bar will appear on the right side of the field to indicate the field was overridden
- Double click on the field you wish to override or F4
- Enter the new data and tab to the next field
- A red bar will appear on the right side of the field to indicate the field was overridden
- To remove the overridden entry and re-establish the original link
- Double click on the field then tab to the next field. The red bar will disappear to indicate that field is no longer overridden